The MacOS calendar sync documentation is either incorrect or out of date as of this writing. Here are the steps to get the calendar sync working properly with MacOS.
- First, what we want to do is go into your Nextcloud account and snag the CalDAV address. You can find this in Nextcloud Calendar > Settings & Import > Copy iOS/MacOS CalDAV address. Click and it will copy to your clipboard.
- In any text editor, or a notes app, you’ll want to paste the address you copied. It should look something like this:
What you’ll want to do is paste this address and split it into two parts that we’ll need:
- Your Nextcloud server address: https://cloud.mywebsite.com
- And the calendar location: /remote.php/dav/principals/users/marc/
- Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts
- Click the plus (+) sign at the bottom to add a new account and click add other account
- Click CalDAV account
- There should be a pop-up window with a dropdown. Here’s what to do:
- Account Type: Advanced
- Email Address: Enter your Nextcloud account email address
- Password: Enter your Nextcloud account password
- Server Address: Copy the first part from above, the Nextcloud server address
- Server Path: Copy the second part of the address from above.
- Port: 443
- Use SSL: Be sure this is checked!
- Click Sign In
I ultimately discovered the solution in this post within the Nextcloud community. This should prove to be successful in connecting your Nextcloud calendar to MacOS as it did for me!